Avoid COVID-19 state and city violations during Phase 1 restart. Starting July 8, 2020, Department of Buildings (DOB) inspectors will be issuing covid-19 related violations. Inspectors will look for job sites that are not in compliance with Covid-19 state/city Phase 1 restart requirements.
If any violations are found, penalties of $5000.00 will be doled out. The site may be issued a Stop Work Order. Penalties for continued non-compliance can be as high as $10K for each offense.
Job sites will be issued Stop Work Orders if they are without a Safety Plan or a State affirmation conspicuously posted, or without a proper hand washing station.
DOB inspectors will look for compliance with the following:
– Compliance with social distancing protocols
– Appropriate face coverings worn by all site personnel and visitors
– Readily available hand hygiene stations. These stations must have soap, running water and paper towels. Alcohol based hand sanitizers in lieu of hygiene stations are acceptable.
– Visibly posted Covid-19 signage to remind all personnel to follow the proper hygiene and social distancing rules. Signs that show appropriate use of PPE and cleaning and disinfecting protocol.
– Properly completed and updated cleaning and disinfection logs
– Capacity signage at confined spaces, must be posted within the cab and at each landing.
– A communication plan for employees, visitors, and clients on site.
– Logs that are completed and updated. These logs must list each person on the site to ensure effective contact tracing.